Each student is expected to carry a full course load. All students must carry a minimum of six academic courses during each semester in order to be considered full-time. Students may not use co-curricular activities, aide positions, independent studies, etc. to count towards full-time status. A student who signs up for less than six academic courses must complete the Part – Time Status form and return the completed form to the Director of Guidance. The Director of Guidance will determine whether part-time status is appropriate and will notify the student and TA. Please remember that part-time student status means:
- Student is NOT eligible for good student discount (car insurance);
- Student is NOT eligible to participate in any co-curricular activities or be a student aide;
- Student is NOT eligible for honor roll;
- Student may NOT be in the building for the full school day – only for the time block during which his or her classes are scheduled. The responsibility for transportation belongs to the student and parents or guardians. A part-time student may not arrive prior to his or her first class and must leave right after his or her last class.
- Part-time status
All U-32 high school students must earn 22 credits, including the following, to graduate:
English – 4 credits
- 1 credit Composition & Literature 1 & 2
- ½ credit Group 1 English courses
- ½ credit Group 2 English courses
- 2 credits English Elective
Social Studies – 3 credits
- 1 credit United States History 1&2
- 2 credits Social Studies Elective
Mathematics – 3 credits
Science – 3credits
Health – ½ credit
Physical Education – 1 ½ credits
Fine Arts / Music – 1 credit
Additional Electives – 6 credits from any area
Students are expected to earn credits necessary for graduation through participation in U‐32 offerings. On a case by case basis, credit may also be granted for other programs and activities if they are preapproved by the Principal or Principal's designee. The amount and type of credit to be granted will be determined in the pre‐approval process.
Intent to Graduate
Any student intending to graduate in November 2009 or March 2010, or any student intending to graduate in June 2010 who has not earned 16.5 credits, must complete an Intent to Graduate form before September 15. Forms are available in the Guidance Office.