Any student who plans an independent study must meet the following requirements:
- Consult with a counselor to discuss options and pick up necessary form.
- Find a willing faculty advisor, preferably certified within the subject area of study.
- With the faculty advisor devise a Learning Plan (see form)
- The faculty advisor will serve as a liaison with community mentors.
- The faculty advisor will issue a letter grade upon completion.
- Approval by the Principal if independent study will fulfill a graduation requirement Transcript will reflect independent study.
Only 1 credit each year for required graduation credit may be earned through work done outside of courses offered at U-32.